China Study Hub
Get a head start!
Griffith College students currently living in Mainland China can now join a Study Center based in Zhejiang University, Xixi Campus which has been formed as part of a partnership with our parent company Navitas.
- Ranks among the top tier of “World-class universities and first-class disciplines”, “Project 985”, and “Project 211”
- Member of the Nine Schools Alliance (C9), the Pacific Rim University Alliance, and the World University Alliance
- Ranked 45 in the QS World Ranking in 2022
Cost of Zhejiang University Study Centre program
Study Center payment must be made directly to the college.
- 14 weeks on campus accommodation (shared dormitory living)
- Academic support for undergraduate level subjects including Math, Information Technology, Computer and Programming, Science, Social Science, etc
- Quality sports courses, like tennis, basketball, combat, etc.
- Advanced math and programming courses etc.
- Various transferrable skills courses like essay writing, advanced application of excel, ted talk speech, v-log editing, digital skills, etc.
- Outdoor excursions, company and lab visits, guest presentations from senior management with overseas study experience, etc.
- All the university resources like canteen, sport stadium, etc.
Fees do not include:
- College/university tuition fees
- Food and meals
- Transport costs
- Text book and other study material
Typical weekly extra-curricular course schedule (sample; may differ based on student numbers):
Students that have registered and paid for their Study Hub Program can cancel their registration by advising Griffith College. Cancellations received between registration and the start date (i.e. Onboarding Weekend) will be eligible for a refund of your program fees, less $250 cancellation fee.
Students that have registered, paid and commenced (arrived at the Zhejiang University campus on or before the onboarding date i.e. program start date), will not receive any refund
Student eligibly for the program:
- Students must be currently studying or have accepted and paid for a future trimester (e.g. have a valid CoE) with a participating college, managed campus or university.
- Students must be in good health with no criminal record (requirement of Zhejiang University).
- Students must commit to good behaviour and accept and abide by all relevant Zhejiang University policies and guidelines for behaviour.
Rebate Scholarship: Griffith College has agreed to provide a AUD$3000 rebate to students that have participated in the program. The rebate would only apply once the student arrives in Australia once borders re-open, and they have commenced their study with Griffith College. The rebate will be applied against future tuition, it will not be refunded to a student’s personal bank account.
If a Griffith College student completes their pathway program while studying online (offshore), the rebate will apply to the student’s study at the partner university (i.e. transferred to the students account at the university on confirmation of their commencement, e.g. for future tuition costs).
Epidemic prevention requirements:
In order to strengthen campus safety management and ensure students’ safety, please complete the vaccination before you enter the Study Hub of Zhejiang University. If you have any questions, please contact Griffith College China Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It is the preference of all that students attend the campus for services and accommodation.
Yes, it is dormitory style accommodation; shared rooms and washrooms (usually 4 to a room, but there may be some double rooms available in the June intake – price is accurate for 4 person rooms).
No, students will share with students of other Navitas Colleges and University Partner students.
All generic study support sessions are provided in-person; delivered by Zhejiang University teachers.
Students will have access to the online resources available via the Zhejiang University library (using their Zhejiang University ID account).
No, VPN service will not be provided by Zhejiang University. Australian institutions will continue to provide existing services to their students.
Yes, existing services will remain fully available to students studying online offshore.
No refund is possible after the start of the program.
Zhejiang University will provide classroom spaces for students to study their online subjects. If students need a quite space, they can study in their dormitory, but there are other spaces available on campus for student use.
Students will have access to Zhejiang University online library resources, the gym, self-study classrooms, but not to the student clubs.
If the Griffith college term finishes before the Study Hub program, students will still have access to the Zhejiang University face-to-face courses, services and activities on campus.
After the first 12 week program, students can repeat their booking or pay by for a shorter period (a weekly rate at $400 per week).
No this will not be available.
Yes, the ID card and an e-account allows students access to online library resources and other services that require an ID to access.
How to register
- Please fill in the online registration form
- For information on how to make the payment page linked here (online payment portal available)
- Successful registration and a place at Zhejiang University will be reserved once the registration form is filled in and payment has been received.
- Zhejiang University will send you the Study Hub’s enrolment letter, orientation guidance, conduct policy, etc. after registration is completed.
- Please follow Zhejiang University’s guideline and plan your trip to Hangzhou according to the Zhejiang University’s instructions
- Please DO NOT plan your trip until you receive the enrolment notification from Zhejiang University.