Get a head start!
To maintain your student visa, you must:
- Study full time while in Australia
- Attend at least 80 percent of all scheduled classes
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Maintain a valid enrolment at Griffith College and inform staff if you change your student status
- Advise Griffith College within 7 days if you change your Australian address
- Have enough money to cover tuition fees and living expenses while in Australia
- Not work more than 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session (other than work which has been registered as a part of the course). A fortnight means any period of 14 days commencing on a Monday and ending at the end of the second following Sunday.
- Maintain valid Overseas Student Health Cover
- Not transfer between registered education providers within the first six months of the starting date of your program, without a release letter.
The Department of Home Affairs has more information about visa conditions and requirements. Make sure that you are familiar with your responsibilities, as failure to comply with the conditions can affect your right to study in Australia.
Overseas Student Health Cover for international students
It is a condition of your student visa that you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your student visa. This cost is separate to your tuition charges. You must provide evidence of your health cover when you apply for a student visa.
Overseas Student Health Cover provides cover towards the costs of:
- out-of-hospital medical treatment
- in-hospital medical treatment
- prescription medicines
- emergency ambulance assistance
- pre-existing conditions (after the first 12 months of your policy)
You will have:
- access to a 24-hour emergency helpline
- on-campus support
- efficient direct billing and claiming processes.
Griffith College can organise OSHC on your behalf. Further details will be provided in your letter of offer. Our preferred provider is Allianz Global Assistance. Review their student health insurance.