APPLY AS A MATURE AGE STUDENT
Returning to study? Apply now and get a head start on advancing your career.
Get a head start!
Mature age applicants can be assessed on either recent academic achievements or on recent work experience.
Below you will find a list of required documents for your application based on the category you fall under.
If you are un-sure of what to submit, please start an application and we can contact you to discuss further documentation and evidence once submitted.
Prepare your study documentation
If you have completed one of the following in the past 5 years please submit your academic certification:
- Certificate III of higher
- Queensland Certificate of Education or equivalent in your state
If your qualification is more than 5 years old, please refer to the “work experience” section.
If you have existing formal qualifications, you may be eligible to receive credit for previous studies. Complete the credit transfer application form and attach it to your application.
Submit a copy of your Australian or New Zealand citizenship document (Passport, Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship Certificate), or proof of Australian Permanent Residency.
Along with your academic certification, you may be requested to submit more documentation.
Applicants are assessed on the basis of work experience including type and length of employment.
Please submit the following when applying directly:
- a detailed resume of your employment and study history
- evidence of a minimum of 2 years full-time work experience (usually via Statement of service written on company letterhead)
- a copy of your Australian or New Zealand citizenship document (Passport, Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship Certificate), or proof of Australian Permanent Residency
- a short personal statement (500 words) explaining the following:
- a brief summary of your career and education to date
- why you wish to study your selected course and future career goals
- some practical examples of tertiary maturity and readiness for study
Lodge your application
Lodge your application online. Upload all of your documents and submit.
Accept your offer
If you are successful in securing a direct offer with us, congratulations!
Read your offer letter, check for outstanding conditions outlined in the letter of offer and upload to your Studylink application portal to secure your place.
Once you accept your place you will receive emails from Griffith College about enrolment and orientation. Look out for the dates in your inbox!
Check the relevant study program sections of this website for details of the associated tuition fees. Some courses may also have extra fees for program equipment so please check that before enrolment.
Griffith College offer a variety of ways to pay your student fees before you enroll in your classes, including FEE-HELP for eligible domestic student.
Please note that the fees quoted on the program page do not include any special equipment or resources that may be required.