ACADEMIC MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
Get ahead with a Merit Scholarship for academic performance and receive your 2nd trimester tuition fees free.
Get a head start!
The Academic Merit Scholarship is awarded at the conclusion of each trimester to the student who achieves the most outstanding academic results (highest GPA) in their first trimester of studies at the College, across all programs (excluding Foundation) and campuses.
Recipients of a Academic Merit Scholarship will be entitled to free tuition (equivalent to the maximum of up to four academic courses) for their second trimester of studies of a Griffith College Diploma or Associate Degree.
The scholarship excludes any additional costs required as part of the academic program including travel or materials such as books or equipment.
- Be a continuing (current) student, enrolled and studying towards a Griffith College Diploma or Associate Degree;
- Be currently studying full-time;
- Have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the trimester prior to being eligible for the scholarship;
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
- The scholarship applies to the second semester of enrolment only or the final semester of study for a Diploma or Associate Degree program. Students are liable to pay for any additional courses undertaken.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s account during their second trimester of study for a Diploma or Associate Degree program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second trimester of study to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes in any circumstances.
- Navitas member institutions reserve the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Up to two scholarships may be awarded at the conclusion of each trimester.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous trimester of study. Should two students have identical academic results, the scholarship panel will refer back to marks awarded within each course to ascertain the scholarship recipient.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
- Outcome of scheduled interview (if required)
Notification of results
The scholarship panel from each Navitas member institution will announce the recipients of the Navitas academic merit scholarship upon the completion of each trimester and the release of the results. The recipients will be notified by mail and the successful students posted on the college/campus website.
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas scholarship is offered to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin University Sydney, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, La Trobe Melbourne, LBIC, Macquarie City Campus, Deakin College, Deakin College Indonesia, PUIC, PIBT, Griffith College, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.
Students are not required to apply for the scholarship as it is awarded based on academic performance and ALL Diploma and Associate Degree students are eligible.
All terms and conditions are correct as of 5 August 2020 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the Navitas member institute or Navitas Pty Ltd.