Find out what you’ll expect to spend studying in Australia.
Get a head start!
One of the most valuable lessons a student can learn is money management. Luckily, Griffith College students will be living in either Brisbane or the Gold Coast which are the two most affordable major cities in Australia for students. Being attentive to your budget will help you in making your money go further.
Below are some guidelines on what to expect when living as a student in Queensland.
- On campus – $170 to $317 per week
- Off campus – $185 to $440 per week
- Homestay – $200 to $420 per week (dependent on location and meals).
- Groceries and eating out – $140 to $280 per week
- Gas, electricity – $10 to $20 per week
- Phone and Internet – $15 to $30 per week
- Public transport – $30 to $60 per week
- Car (after purchase) – $150 to $260 per week
- Entertainment – $80 to $150 per week
Approximately $22,000 AUD per year would be the minimum amount that a student can live apart from study expenses.
The Insider Guides ‘Cost of Living Calculator’ is also a useful, practical tool to help estimate your cost of living in Australia.